Thanks to Iceman, Flyer and John for the heads up.
1. Under Pressure: ΓÇ£I donΓÇÖt think ΓÇÿpanicΓÇÖ is the right word,ΓÇ¥ says Damon Lindelof of co-writing the highly anticipated premiere with fellow executive producer Carlton Cuse, ΓÇ£but it was like, ΓÇÿHow do we do this?ΓÇÖΓÇ¥ The producers have said that time traveling through the ΓÇÖ70s is history, as are the showΓÇÖs traditional flashback/flash-forward narrative structures. ΓÇ£We havenΓÇÖt [told the story] like this before,ΓÇ¥ Lindelof says. ΓÇ£ItΓÇÖs like, ΓÇÿAre we gonna be able to pull it off?ΓÇÖΓÇ¥ Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin, believes they have. ΓÇ£I knew it would be something inventive because thatΓÇÖs how this show rolls,ΓÇ¥ he says. ΓÇ£But weΓÇÖve definitely increased our scope.ΓÇ¥ His three words to describe his reaction to the first episode? ΓÇ£Intrigued. Excited. Curious.ΓÇ¥
2. All About Character: For all of LostΓÇÖs elaborate and feverishly dissected mythology, the series has always been, at its core, a character drama ΓÇö and that wonΓÇÖt change. ΓÇ£The akibat season is really when youΓÇÖre going to learn what these charactersΓÇÖ destinies are,ΓÇ¥ says Cuse. Expect man of faith Locke (Terry OΓÇÖQuinn) ΓÇö or whoever he is now ΓÇö to prove a central figure, along with man of science Dr. Jack Shephard. ΓÇ£About midway through [the season], Jack will absolutely know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that his whole life has brought him to this point in time,ΓÇ¥ Matthew Fox says of his tortured character, ΓÇ£and that he is meant to do something very, very important.ΓÇ¥
3. About That Mythology: SPOILER ALERT! In the two-hour premiere, one of LostΓÇÖs biggest mysteries ΓÇö one thatΓÇÖs been rattling around since the pilot no less ΓÇö is fleshed out. (Got goosebumps yet?) How about this? ΓÇ£We might be seeing HurleyΓÇÖs guitar case in some way again,ΓÇ¥ says Jorge Garcia, who plays the lottery winner. WhatΓÇÖs more, one characterΓÇÖs first line of dialogue in the season-opener was actually handed to fans way back in July at Comic-Con. Let the theorizing begin!
4. SunΓÇÖs Safe House: Lost quickly earned a reputation for a willingness to kill off main characters, including Boone, Charlie, Mr. Eko, and Michael. This season, it doesnΓÇÖt take long to realize that more names will be added to the list. Yunjin Kim, who plays subservient wife-turned-revenge-seeker Sun, may be the only one whoΓÇÖs not worried. ΓÇ£Back at the end of season two, I said, ΓÇÿI bought a condo [in Hawaii] and if I get killed off, youΓÇÖre going to have to buy it from me,ΓÇÖΓÇ¥ Kim says of a conversation with producers. ΓÇ£Carlton was like, ΓÇÿWell, weΓÇÖre never going kill you off.ΓÇÖ I was joking but it didnΓÇÖt seem like he was.ΓÇ¥
5. Lost Stars Are Still Lost: ΓÇ£No actor has been given the full blueprint of what the ending of the show is,ΓÇ¥ Cuse says. ΓÇ£And no oneΓÇÖs asked us either.ΓÇ¥ That doesnΓÇÖt mean the actors donΓÇÖt have ideas about their characterΓÇÖs fates. Dae Kim hopes his is integral to the showΓÇÖs akibat conflict ΓÇö whatver it may be ΓÇö while his onscreen wife hopes Sun doesnΓÇÖt get her happy ending: ΓÇ£I would be really disappointed if we wound up being a happily married couple,ΓÇ¥ she says. SheΓÇÖs not the only one who thinks love is overrated. After five seasons of love triangle-ing over Kate (Evangeline Lily), neither Sawyer or Jack seems sold on winding up with the feisty fugitive. ΓÇ£Jack and Kate have always cared deeply for each other but [their] circumstances may be too much for that relationship to ever really have a chance,ΓÇ¥ says Fox. Josh Holloway is more blunt: ΓÇ£Sawyer and Kate have a love that is undeniable but maybe it must be denied.ΓÇ¥
6. SheΓÇÖs Back: That would be Emilie de Ravin, who returns full-time playing AaronΓÇÖs (dead?) baby mama Claire after being M.I.A. in season 5. ΓÇ£I didnΓÇÖt watch the show at all while I was gone,ΓÇ¥ she says. She has a good excuse: de Ravin was busy shooting last JulyΓÇÖs Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and the upcoming Remember Me with Robert Pattinson. But what can she tell us about ClaireΓÇÖs hiatus? ΓÇ£ItΓÇÖs in a very unexpected scenario,ΓÇ¥ she says, choosing her words carefully, ΓÇ£and sheΓÇÖs not quite the same.ΓÇ¥ Does that also apply to Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) and Boone (Ian Somerhalder), both of whom return for guest shots? Lips are sealed! But one thing is certain: off-screen, Holloway is a changed man. ΓÇ£I have become quite the lightweight [since becoming Dad to daughter Java Kumala last April],ΓÇ¥ Holloway reports. ΓÇ£Three beers and IΓÇÖm, like, gone. ItΓÇÖs ridiculous! But itΓÇÖs wonderful. Just being with the little one ΓÇö that makes me feel intoxicated.ΓÇ¥
Source: Full Article @ TVWatch